Friday, December 24, 2010

Shape up designers

I am not pleased with the general trend towards designers being total stuck up jerks. just because you have had success in the world of fashion does not mean that you have the right to treat yourself like god almighty. Honestly I love fashion, and the reason that I liked the couple of modelling jobs that i did was because the clients were extremely easy to work with and fun. If i were ever going to work for Karl Lagerfeld, I would be terrified. Not only is this man obsessed with himself he has the nerve to bash normal sized women, referring to mothers around the world calling them "fat mummies," which is kind of ridiculous.
From years of watching America's next top model, i have learned which designers might be good to work with, and which would be a nightmare. Heatherette is the top of my list, along with Anna Sui and though i found DVF a little rough she seemed genuinely interested in presenting her line a certain way, not just being rude for no reason. My number one least favourite, Ashley Paige who was featured on the show "A Model Life," and was so unbelievably rude and malicious I would never purchase anything from her or recommend her swimsuits to anyone. Interestingly when on Top Model the girls who did go-sees in other countries tended to not have such trouble with the designers as those who had go-sees in America.
All I'm saying is that we should follow what Zac Posen said when featured on the show, "love humanity," so guys I really dont care how nice or expensive your clothes are, if you are a jerk I'm not going to respect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment